Eastern Waste Systems, Inc. (EWS) will be performing the Bulk and Yard Waste Collection Services in the City of Pembroke Pines. There will be a limit of 10 cubic yards of bulk and yard waste per collection, per residential unit.
There will be NO changes to the current collection schedule. To view the regular monthly collection schedule please click here. If your Bulk or Yard Waste is deemed out of compliance, you will receive a courtesy notice instructing you to correct the identified issue(s) and adhere to the following service guidelines:
- Bulk and Yard Waste is now limited to ten (10) cubic yards per collection. Residents may make up to two (2) requests, per calendar year, to exceed the ten (10) Cubic Yard limit on a regularly scheduled bulk pick up. To submit a request for a bulk and yard waste pick up that exceeds 10 cubic yards, please click here. You can also contact EWS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (954) 543-9800.
- After the initial two allowances described above, the City shall charge the Residential Service Unit a fee of $15.00 per cubic yard for each cubic yard over the 10 cubic yard limit.
- Residents may mix bulk yard waste and bulk trash in same pile for collection.
- Any debris determined to be contractor generated will no longer be collected. Debris generated by a hired contractor should be removed by the contractor working at your home and will not be collected by EWS as part of monthly services.
- Bulk and Yard Waste must be placed out prior to 7 am on your designated collection day at curbside, free and clear (3 feet) from obstructions such as mailboxes, trees and overhead wires.
- Loose Bulk and Yard Waste items such as leaves or small limbs should be bagged and tied or bundled in a fashion that prevents spillage and litter.
- Household appliances containing freon gas will not be picked up unless the unit is certified and documented to have been professionally purged of freon gas, and refrigerators placed out for removal must have the compressor and all doors removed.
‐ Hazardous waste such as batteries, oil, paint and chemicals cannot be placed out for bulk removal. Please visit the City of Pembroke Pines website to view the residential household hazardous waste drop off schedule.
- Do not place any bulk waste or yard waste out during an approaching storm. Please continually monitor the City of Pembroke Pines website (www.ppines.com) during an emergency for any suspension or cancellation of service notifications.